You know what would be nice? Laying on a quilt, on the floor of my apartment, in front of the lap top that used to be my sibling's, drinking a cup of tea while doing homework for a class I chose to be in. I could go for that right about now.
I had a meeting about my future a few days ago. A brilliant friend of mine has crunched the numbers for what my plans are, and surprisingly, they actually seem like...possible. Granted we have to get my grandma to fork over enough money to get my started, and this job of mine really needs to come through. But otherwise...yeah, kind of possible. I'm not asking for much, really. A small (and I mean small) apartment in a low rent area while going to a Community College for a few years. I've heard of more adventurous college plans but this one seems to work for me.
I guess I just want to not be here anymore. Here, in this town which would have maybe been a nice place to go to college if I hadn't grown up hating everything about it. Yeah, I'm scared about living on my own in a town that is totally new to me, but I'm terrified of being stuck here.
There is always the chance that it won't work, and I will have to stay here for a term as I get my shit together. But I'm getting out. In a matter of months, I will get out of this damned place with these damned people. Even if my new home will only be 45 minutes away from my old, it's different. And that's enough for me, at least for now.
It won't be exciting, I know that much. The town is nice but probably pretty damn boring. I really need to take another trip down there to see what there is to do. Relaxing is nice, but really, stuff. Need to be able to do it.
Honestly, I'm looking forward to the little things. Doing all my own dishes, decorating the whole place for whatever Holiday I decide it should be that day, taking a road trip to nowhere with whoever answers the phone at 3 a.m. I want a place to call mine, a school that I wanted to go to, and some people that I decided to be friends with because they don't suck.
Until then though, I have a shit load of stuff to look forward to. Not just college and houses, but Christmas, and THE BEST GIFT EVER (seriously, thank you. I know I said it before but, thank you.), and Harry Effing Potter Land, and being able to legally drive my friends around. Not much longer really, when you add it up. Just a matter of playing the waiting game a little longer.
But it's like the wise man said "It's gonna be the future soon..."
No comments:
Post a Comment